Dec 1, 2010

Fishing Trip March 2010


Port Aransas, Texas Fishing Trip 03-13-2010 

Our catch for the trip
The fishing trip my son and I took last March to Port Aransas, Texas with my friend Capt. Scott Haberman was very productive. As you can see by the photos we did very well with the fish we caught. The weather was very sunny, temp about 74 degrees and a 5-10 mph wind. There were 4 of us on this trip, Scott ,Johnny, Aaron my son and I. We were on Scotts boat (the Flats Dragon) shallow drafting boat, fishing with light freshwater tackle spinning reels and using a popping cork with live shrimp. The bite was off for the first half of the day, water was leaving the flats but once the water started to return in the flats the bite was on. We were fishing other side of Redfish Bay east of lighthouse. The small cut we were in started producing rat reds (under 20 in length) for an hour or so, we must have caught 20 of them. Then my son Aaron caught a 22-3/4 keeper Red, then caught a 23" and them minutes later caught the largest of the day Red of 25-3/4 length. Right after Aarons big red I caught a 28" Speckled Trout. It was a great fish, so good I brought it back and got it mounted. If you want to have a great fishing trip look up Scott Haberman out of Holiday Beach Texas for your guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment